From HPC Wiki
Revision as of 12:48, 12 February 2019 by Hpcwiki dept.admin
NJIT and the Eastern Regional Network (ERN)
- NJIT has set up proof-of-concept (PoC) virtual machines (VMS), shaar-hn.njit.edu, and has joined the ERN.
- NJIT will set up ern.njit.edu cell, using AuriStorFS, ASAP.
- Use AuriStorFS free 90-day trial. This trial is extendable as long as testing progresses
- AuriStor will provide help with setup, questions, etc.
- ERN will have access to all of the AuriStorFS enhancements in security, performance, scalability, capacities, access control lists, administration, and client software, relative to OpenAFS
- All ERN members will have access to this cell
Intent of the ern.njit.edu cell
- Significantly enhance collaboration between ERN members by providing:
- Single name space, independent of client platform (Linux, MacOS, Windows)
- Storage for:
- General use
- Script and code distribution
- Software distribution
- Secure HIPAA and FERPA data
Requirements to set up the ern.njit.edu cell
- NJIT sign AuriStor Enterprise Software Evalauation License Agreement
- Provide hardware (6 VMs and storage).
(The trial does not put any limits on the number of DB servers and file servers).
- Three database servers
- One file server
- Two MIT Kerberos servers - primary and backup - for authentication
- 500GB storage
- DB servers, RHEL VM: UDP 7002, 7003
- File servers, RHEL VM: UDP 7000, 7005
- Primary Kerberos server, RHEL VM: TCP 88
Management of ern.njit.edu cell
- ARCS will manage:
- Database and file servers
- ern.njit.edu cell: structure, permissions, authentication, volumes, etc.
- Backups should be handled by NJIT Core Systems and Operations (CSO)
AuriStor client documentation; consultation
ARCS will provide documentation for ERN members:
- How to install AuriStorFS client software on various clients
- Scripts and utilities for users
ARCS will also provide consultation for ERN members on AuriStorFS use.