11/05/2014 - Kong expansion; 2 new nodes containing 2 GPUs each
- Specifications (each node)
- IBM iDataPlex dx360 M4 server
- 2 x Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2660 v2 @ 2.20GHz (10 cores each)
- 128 GB RAM
- 2 x GPU Device: Tesla K20Xm with compute capability 3.5
- 500 GB hardrive
11/05/2014 - Maintenance scheduled for Kong tomorrow, 11/06/2014, is postponed.
11/12/2014 - Maintenance scheduled for Stheno tomorrow, 11/13/2014, is postponed.
01/09/2015 - Major upgrade of kong, made possible by a donation from Linode
- Add 319 nodes
- 2 CPU / 4 cores / 24 to 86 GB RAM
- Remove 112 obsolete nodes
- 1 CPU / 2 cores / 2 GB RAM
- Net changes
- 1,014% increase in number of cores
- 3,243% increase in amount of RAM
- 1,743% in CPUMark (measure of processing power)
- Independent of the donation, new switches with a 10Gbit uplink to NJIT's virtualized NFS infrastructure, which will result in significantly lower latency on /home and /nscratch file I/O.
The 319 new kong nodes are expected to be on-line 05/15/2015.
02/06/2015 - 40 SuperMicro SS6016-UF nodes on-line.
- RAM per Node, GB : 16 to 48
- RAM total, GB : 1480
- Cores per node : 8
- Cores total : 320
- Local scratch, GB : 1024
There are no changes in the submit procedures assocaited with thsi upgrade.
04/10/2015 - Hadoop Cluster
- 2 x IBM iDataPlex DX360 M4 nodes, each with :
- 2 x Intel Xeon E5-2680 processors, 8 Cores each
- 128GB RAM
- Expected available for use early July 2015
10/19/2015 - Intel Parallel Studio Installed
The Intel Parallel Studio Cluster Edition is now available!
11/13/2015 - Kong expansion; Symmetric Multiprocessing (SMP) node added
The new node has eight 4-core (AMD Opteron 8384) processors, for a total of 32 cores. Currently it has 128GB of RAM, which we intend to double to 246GB over winter break.
Currently no special permission is needed to use the SMP queue.
Please see https://wiki.hpc.arcs.njit.edu/index.php/KongQueues for details on using Kong's new SMP.