From NJIT-ARCS HPC Wiki
Major HPC Expansion
There will be a major, multi-million dollar expansion to NJIT's high performance computing (HPC) cluster infrastructure, scheduled to be on-line in Spring 2022.
This expansion will include:
- A significant increase in the number of public-access CPU cores
- A significant increase in the number of public-access GPU cores
- High-speed interconnects (InfiniBand) for all new nodes
- A parallel file system with a capacity of at least a petabyte
- A PFS provides cluster nodes shared access to data in parallel. It enables concurrent access to storage by multiple tasks of a parallel application, to facilitate high-performance through simultaneous, coordinated input/output operations between compute nodes and storage.
- Cluster management software
- Support for the SLURM scheduler/resource manager
Access to the expansion
- The expansion will be incorporated into the existing Lochness resource.
- The access procedure for the expansion will be the same as that currently for Lochness.
- All NJIT researchers can have their UCID account enabled on Lochness by a request to email@example.com