From NJIT-ARCS HPC Wiki
The "lowpriority" partition allows you to borrow reserved (private) nodes, including GPUs. There are caveats:
- The jobs are immediately terminated (preempted) if the owner or owner's group submits a job that requires the resources used by the lowpriority job(s).
- You must specify a runtime; the maximum runtime is three days.
- You must checkpoint your job, please contact HPC@NJIT.EDU for assistance.
- If your job is preempted or runs out of time, it will automatically be requeued.
- Interactive jobs should not be run lowpriority as the jobs could be preempted without warning and no chance to save your work.
To utilize lowpriority, add these specifications:
#SBATCH --time 0-0:30:0# Max 3 days
You can specify GPU(s):
Alternatively, you can specify particular model (Type) of GPU(s):
#SBATCH --gres=gpu:Type:1# See /etc/slurm/gres.conf for Type values